Earlier this month in Part 1 of this blog topic we concentrated on how to setup the FDMEE application to get ready to load Journals to HFM. Now in Part 2 we will walk through the steps to download a Journal Template, entering adjustments and processing the journal into HFM.
And before we get into the steps, I wanted to remind you to join us this Friday for Denis Gray's webinar; Making the Move from FDMC to FDMEE. If you are considering moving to FDMEE, we have lots of great intel packed into this discussion!
Procedure to Download a Journal Template
- From the Workflow tab, click Data Load, click Data Load Workbench (Note: All screenshots and narrative relate to FDMEE version 188.8.131.52.100)
- Click Download Template, click Journal
- From the Opening Journal.xls window either open or save the template, then click OK
When the template is opened, you will notice that the POV members (Location, Category, and Period) of the FDMEE location you downloaded the template from are placed into the template. You will also notice that the Account, Center (Entity) and Amount HFM dimensions are defined. Basically, this default template is what was used for loading HFM’s predecessor, Hyperion Enterprise. We will have to modify the template to be able to load HFM. We will need to add columns for ICP, Custom1 (1), Custom2 (2), Custom3 (3), and Custom4 (4). The number of Custom dimensions your HFM application contains will determine how many Custom members you will have to add to the template.
- Highlight rows 15-22, right-click, click Unhide
- Enter the dimension descriptions in cells F15:J15 and the corresponding dimension identifiers in cells F20:J20
The template is defined by a range name that includes all metadata and data cells that begin with the prefix “ups”. By default, the template range name is upsJournal and the range are cells JV$B$16:$E$33. We need to modify the range to include the five (5) dimension members we have added to the template.
- Click FORMULAS, click Name Manager
- Replace the “E” column reference with “J” to modify the range, click the green check mark to validate the range, click Close
- The Journal ID was entered in cell C5, and the journal entry detail was entered in cells B22:J25
Processing the Journal
Before processing the Journal, make sure to go into HFM and make sure that the period you are trying to load the Journal is open.
- Save the Journal file to the location’s Inbox
- From the Workflow tab, click Data Load, click Data Load Workbench
- Click Load Journal
- Click Select, browse to the location’s Inbox, click on Test Journal.xls file, click OK
- Click Check
- If the Journal Template file was successfully checked then an informational window will appear, click Post
- After the Journal has been successfully posted then an informational window will appear, click OK
- The Journal’s data will have been Imported and Validated at this point
- Click Export
- Click OK
- The Journal’s data has been successfully exported to HFM
Going into HFM we can see that indeed the Journal has been posted to the December 2015 period.
These are the steps for downloading the Journal Template, entering adjustments and processing the journal into HFM. Hopefully these instructions will be helpful in setting up your FDMEE application to load Journals to HFM, if the need arises.
Disclaimer: This article is intended to be a resource only and is not intended to be nor does it constitute legal product advisement. Any recommendations are based on our direct experience in this environment during the time in which this was posted.