Recently Oracle published an article on performance concerns in PBCS titled “EPM Cloud - Can the Capacity of an EPM Cloud Service be Increased?” In the article Kash Mohammadi, VP of EPM Cloud says the underlying compute resources in the cloud are designed for “elastic stability” and memory or CPU issues are very unlikely the cause of any performance issues. Instead customers should look at application design as the most likely cause of performance issues. Oracle provides a tool for reviewing an application’s design call the “Application Activity Report.” This very useful tool provides a wealth of metrics which can be used to identify performance issues and provide a starting point for improving your application's design and performance.
Some of these key metrics are:
- User counts by day/week/month
- UI request times
- Average Service Response times by hour
- Top 10 most active users
- Worst performing Calc Rules
- Top 10 Calc Rules by execution and duration
- Word performing Essbase queries
- Top 10 Essbase queries by execution and duration
- Application Design Audit trail
More information on the Application Activity Report and Access Logs can be found here.